Friday, December 11, 2009

more reason to love girls

girls got voted #1 on the urban blog. they interviewed the acts with a questionnaire on the bests of 2009. chris of girls highlight one particular gem:

Five favorite albums of 2009:

1. The Pet Shop Boys - Yes
Its great pop anthems that I can't get enough of, perfect pop aesthetic and sensibility.

2. Cass McCombs - Catacombs
You saved my life.

3. Smith Westerns - Smith Westerns
These are the coolest kids on the block, be my girl diamond boy.

4. The Oh Sees - Help
This is San Francisco. They've always been a huge support and influence to us, GO SEES!

5. Mariah Carey - Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel
Just think this is a solid record and I think Mariah is an underrated artist. I am obsessed with you cause I love you Mariah!

- Christopher Owens

they are playing my hometown on valentine's day/chinese new year at my fav venue gamh. wish i could be there, but if you are so fortunate to be in sf then get your tickets early. they will not disappoint. i know it. can't wait to come home for the hols and hope to have as much fun as these kids below.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...