Sunday, January 20, 2019

unforettable

So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y’all Don’t Even KnowSo Close to Being the Sh*t, Y’all Don’t Even Know by Retta
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

this was by far one of the most enjoyable memoirs i’ve read. honest and hella funny. packed with truths and life lessons. i've read many a comic memoir (tiny fey, mindy kaling, amy poehler, whitney cummings, aziz ansari)

just some highlights, correction #truths:

“the things in your life don’t have to be expensive for you to thoroughly enjoy them.” - the true meaning of treat yo self


"i just don't need people to give me things to be happy. offer me your time and companionship. let's spend time laughing and sharing and breaking bread. that's what makes me happy when it come to people in my life. i can buy my own things. bottom line, don't feel pressure to get me a thing i don't want you to waste your money..."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...