best way to get creative inspiration: design c.l.o.t. at powerhouse arena. shar was fortunate to attend the opening reception for design c.l.o.t. my pal vanessa was showing her final project among other pratt industral design grads. vanessa has taken her pasion for hip hop culture and infused it into housewares and furniture. it's dope to say the least. check it here.
others that impressed me at the showcase were:
* michael roopenian's wooden keyboard
* lys hunter schwartz's tea for two. i could see her stuff with alessi or oxo.
* tawny hixson's cozy cup. her work totally typifies the danish term, "hygge". that warm engulfy feeling you get from a warm sweater or the intimacy of candlelight.
* vanessa marie robinson's for the love of bikes. perfect pre-five boro tour exhibit.
* helene harley kenny's tactile sculptures are perfect for the high line.
you've got a week to catch this show. ends may 9.